Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E Filing a return

rcooley25
Level 11

I E filed a tax return about 2 hours ago and it is still showing sent to IRS when in most cases it should have been marked  accepted or rejected in just a few moments after filing. Before I contact intuit does anyone have any idea to share as to why this might be happening?

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

Two hours isn’t long enough to worry about.  If it isn’t cleared in 2 days, then you can scratch your head a little.  Sometimes the IRS and Intuit don’t provide us with instant gratification😉

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

The only thing that provides me with instant gratification is fireball whiskey which I am about to indulge in.

rcooley25
Level 11

By the way that tax return that I am asking about  envolves our old friend form 8915F.

rcooley25
Level 11

Hooray. Less than 24 hours it got accepted. What had me puzzle was that during the tax season I will get a response about it being accepted or rejected in about 5 or ten minutes.

dkh
Level 15

Strange but true story for you.... my sister who recently celebrated a birthday had her first shots ever in her life - one was Fireball whiskey and one was tequila.  She is 60+. !!! 

IRonMaN
Level 15

I would rather be shot with a gun --------------------- I never acquired the taste for booze.  🤢

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

"my sister who recently celebrated a birthday had her first shots ever in her life"

I thought you were going to tell us about immunizations.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

LOL........ wish she would do immunization shots.  Touchy subject between her and I.  Covid has all but destroyed her husband's lungs