Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dummy returns are included in 2021 info transferred to 2022. Why?

WJ
Level 1

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

When you did the transfer, did you select all?  or did you uncheck your 'dummy returns"? I expect a lot out of my ProSeries,  but even i can't expect the program to know which are my "dummy returns."

But I usually want them rolled forward, that way I don't have to create situational returns every year. I have several dummy clients with the last name Oldpeople.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

My dummy returns (and my own) are the only ones I transfer over before the end of January.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

i dont transfer any until the end of January 😀😁

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
BobKamman
Level 15

Speaking of dummy returns, has anyone been following today's news?

Anyone who can have more "cancellation of debt" income in one year, than I expect to earn in a lifetime, must be a lot smarter than I am.  

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@dd4vols wrote:

I have several dummy clients with the last name Oldpeople.

Mine have the last name "Taxpayer".  🤣

taxes96786
Level 9

I don't transfer until I get the client documents

Accountant-Man
Level 13

Intuit can't understand the word "dummy."

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.