Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due date on TY22 1040ES is wrong!

jinx
Level 2

The TY2022 Form 1040-ES payment vouchers just got released. YAY!  But the Due dates listed on them are 4/15/21, 6/15/21, 9/15/21, and 1/18/22.  The letter writes it correctly, but the voucher has them wrong.  Can we hope for this to be fixed quickly?  Thanks

0 Cheers
12 Comments 12
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Can we hope for this to be fixed quickly?"

You can always hope ------- Intuit can't take that away from you, but they have said it is a low priority at this point.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

!!   Yep, wrong dates.  As several folks have pointed out in other threads.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

For the record - 27,123

Slava Ukraini!
jinx
Level 2

8915F I saw listed as a release date of 3/31.  

jinx
Level 2

I saw the wrong dates on the "don't file" version.  Figured that it would've been corrected on the finalized version.  

abctax55
Level 15

LOL... Intuit/PS is a bit busy with some other issues that are more important.  Altho the inability to get basic dates correct is a wee bit concerning.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Rainman1966
Level 3

The scan line across the bottom indicates that the coupons are for 2022 12.  As long the payments are received on time that should suffice.  Whenever it gets corrected I am probably not going to unlock my completed returns in order to reprint the vouchers.  I have encouraged my clients to make ES payments at the IRS website.  No account signup is necessary and they get a choice of ACH through their bank or debit card, credit card or digital wallet.

wjgutcpa
Level 4

Yes, that is true. But is still infuriating to have a client point out your expensive software can't get dates right. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, it is really stupid that Intuit didn't catch this and it is really stupid that they are in no rush to fix it.  But because they let the ball drop on things like the 2210, 8915F, and 7203, they are busy trying to put those fires out first.

Slava Ukraini!
jinx
Level 2

The only defense for those is for the 8915F since the IRS hasn't even finalized that form themselves.  Not like they new it was going to be needed this year.  The rest.....  I never understood those delays.

0 Cheers
lisa111
Level 1

They corrected the due dates, but now the 1040ES shows 2023 instead of 2022 for the tax year!  Wow!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

But word is they have "recorrrected" back to 2022 late last night.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers