Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does the tax return when done show up in clients portal

Can someone help...after I finish the personal tax return and the client docu signs the tax return it does not show up in their portal...the only way it shows up if I upload it manually to their portal...i would think this would be done automatically after the clients signs the return.   Can someone help if I am missing something? If not this should be a no brainer to do because if I die tomorrow how does the client get a copy of the tax return?

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

I assume you’re talking about Intuit link. Yes, you have to manually upload the returns into the portal… print a copy of the returns to file. You need one for your records anyway drag and drop into the portal and send a notification. There are notification templates that you can design. I.e. ‘ hey client, your returns are in the portal. Check them out. I’ll send you a DocuSign under separate cover. Please sign when you’re satisfied and ready to file. Call with any questions. Don’t forget to pay me.”

The whole process takes less than a minute. Probably the best feature of Intuit Link.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers