Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Proseries support printing Submission ID on State E-file Authorization Forms?

jebb
Level 2

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You wont get a submission ID until its submitted, you need the signature authorization forms signed before you submit it.  Does the submission ID print out on them after its submitted like the federal?  maybe it depends n the state.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
jebb
Level 2

After the signature authorization forms had been signed and after the file had been submitted, the Submission IDs does not print on any of my states although there's submission ID in the EF section.  Why?  I'm not sure if there's some steps I missed in order for it to print on the states signed authorization forms.  Any thoughts?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive never even paid attention to it before. Its in Homebase and it will print on the EF Acknowledgement (from the EFCenter, or EF Tab, highlight the client, F12 > Accepted Returns > Print) if it was ever really needed, but I dont remember ever needing that number for anything.

0 Cheers
jebb
Level 2

The EF Acknowledgement is ok, the Submission ID does print on the Federal Form 8879 -IRS E-File Signature Authorization, and there is a Submission ID for the State tax return in the EF Center. But:

Why does the State EF Submission ID not print on the State E-file Signature Authorization form?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I can only guess that the state doesnt require it.

0 Cheers