Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does ProSeries Basic still not have ZIP code autofill for City, State?

esa6334
Level 2

Does ProSeries Basic still not autofill city and state based on ZIP code? I know it's in the full program. Maybe I missed something on install??

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
abctax55
Level 15

The various features are what differentiates the two programs, and the difference in price.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
esa6334
Level 2

Thank you - that concept is obvious.The question still stands as someone else asked me about it.

The point I'd make to Intuit is that autofilling city/state by zip codes is something quite useful for a volume tax prep office as opposed to Intuit Link which, while helpful, isn't as important to in-and-out types of tax practices.  To be transparent, I'm a tiny firm, so it's not a huge issue either way. Just looking to see if it's changed yet.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Not changed.  Intuit wants you to go to the Professional version if you want some of the time-saving features like that.

abctax55
Level 15

@esa6334 

The "concept" is that if you want all the bells & whistles then you must pay for them.  

If they put all the same features in Basic, why would anyone buy Professional?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
PATAX
Level 15

@abctax55 @esa6334 @TaxGuyBill sometimes not correct anyways... If a townships zip code was under an old Township or city and then got its own zip code, sometimes was not updated...

0 Cheers