Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does last year's fee (2020) transfer over to 2021? It is the most important fee amount, but it isn't transferring this year.

pfeifferacct
Level 2

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

This was brought up a few weeks ago, it seems that the 2019 fees column will show the 2020 fees and the 2018 fees will show the 2019 fees, etc.  they forgot to update the descriptions in HB, but the fee amounts are supposed to be correct.  It will be fixed in a future update.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

13 Comments 13
dkh
Level 15

Can you be more specific.   

IRonMaN
Level 15

You know - the most important part 😀

Slava Ukraini!
pfeifferacct
Level 2

Home base allows for many columns (data fields).  Some say 2016, 2017, 2018 fee.  The 2020 amount (last year's) fee did not transfer over, that I can see.  I use that amount to know if the tax return was prepared for that client last year.  Where is it?  No amount shows up in "Last year's fee" either.

dkh
Level 15

Since the program isn't truly ready for preparing taxes maybe it will be fixed in a future update.

IRonMaN
Level 15

It appears to still be a 2020 program so maybe when it is really up and running as a 2021 program it will be added.

As a side note, has anybody been able to kill the automatic update feature on the 2021 program?

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

I'm betting there will not be an option to disable the auto update.  I think it's a built in  CYA for Intuit.   No way someone can prepare a return without the latest and greatest info provided.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

And when the system blows up, we go up with it.  I really don't like having Intuit determine my destiny. 

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

I agree.  In the early days of the filing season, I wouldn't update until I read what problems others were experiencing after an update.   I think the unemployment exclusion changes in mid-March put a new twist on forcing updates.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

This was brought up a few weeks ago, it seems that the 2019 fees column will show the 2020 fees and the 2018 fees will show the 2019 fees, etc.  they forgot to update the descriptions in HB, but the fee amounts are supposed to be correct.  It will be fixed in a future update.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I don't know about Professional or the 2021 program, but in the 2020 Basic program the "prior year" fee was totally wrong.  It wouldn't surprise me if it is similarly messed up this year.

Accountant-Man
Level 13

Where is the 2020 fee input on 2020, and where do you want it to transfer to in 2021?

FYI, I like the fees to appear on the Client Status sheet each year, and the 3 prior years' fees appear in the middle, before the Current Year Notes section; HOWEVER, the 2020 fee will NOT carryover to 2021 unless you have the fee input on the invoice.

If it is merely input in the middle ON THE STATUS sheet in 2020, it WILL NOT TRANSFER to the 2021 Status sheet.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
pfeifferacct
Level 2

Just Lisa nailed it.  I went back over my fees over the last three years.  The fees do match up with my QuickBooks amounts, it's the labels that don't.  That isn't such a big deal.  I just don't know why every year there has to be an issue with transferring clients.  I always wait until the last minute to create my Homebase for the new year, because there is always a glitch discovered AFTER I start processing returns.  By then it is too late to go back and re-transfer them to the new year.  I wish they would get their act together with this.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Lots of people want it as a column in Homebase, I look at the Tax History report in the client file to see the prior years fees before I create the current years invoice.

0 Cheers