Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know why there is a $1,700 refundable tax credit on the tax planner for the year 2024?

lisakayeschmidt
Level 3

When I generate the Tax Planner for 2024, it throws in a $1,700 refundable child tax credit in the payments section on every file, whether they have children or not.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

I was curious so I just checked it out.  You are correct, the $1700 is there.  Make a mental note that the tax planner is not ready for prime time.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

I was curious so I just checked it out.  You are correct, the $1700 is there.  Make a mental note that the tax planner is not ready for prime time.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im not sure they've got all the 2023 calculations completed yet, so I dont think 2024 planning is ready to go yet.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
mappp
Level 4

This problem is not solved.  The $1700 credit is still showing up on returns with no children as of 1/31/2024.

mappp

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm going to guess it isn't their number 1 priority since they are still trying to push out some states, get other federal forms finalized and work the bugs out of the tax program itself.  Either be patient and wait for it to be updated or override the credits.

Slava Ukraini!
BethP
Level 3

This is still a problem.  Does anyone know if Intuit has this on their list of known problems?

PA CPA 900
Level 2

I called this in to Tech Support over a month ago and it's still not fixed. How on earth should this be coming up on the returns of clients who have not had dependents on their returns for years. Clearly a quality control issues with the programmers. 

Sandrina Roc
Level 2

It's 2/6/2024 and it's still a problem.  I know the planner isn't a priority but it would be nice if someone from thencompany, that gets over $6,300 a year from me, would tell us yes, we know it's a problem, we will fix it.  (I used to be a coder in my prior work life, it's an easy fix.)

BethP
Level 3

It's fixed!