Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Anyone Else Have Access to MA Partnership Forms

IsItOverYet999
Level 1

I am having an issue with a ProSeries partnership return for Massachusetts, and I'm not sure if it's a glitch or it's just that the forms aren't available yet.

Is anyone else able to load the MA partnership return (Form 3) yet?

In the Tax Year 2022 Product Selection screen, where you add Federal and state tax returns, I have personal and partnership tax returns for MA checked.  I have updated all installed products.

From the client's Federal tax return, when I click on the Go to State button, Massachusetts doesn't show up in the available state partnership returns.  When I click File\Remove State/City..., MA isn't on the list of states that I can remove.  However, when I click the EF Now button, the MA partnership return is shown on the list of returns that can be e-filed, although the Status is given as "Not ready" and the Reason is "Please verify the client data in this return."  

I don't know if this is an issue that will be fixed with an update when the state finalizes Form 3, or if my MA state installation was glitched.  Thanks for any input.

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Looks like 1/27 is the magic day for MA partnerships.  You can check forms status here

https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?product=PROSERIES&bu=PRO...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IsItOverYet999
Level 1

Right, I've seen the page that gives the forms status.  It's just confusing, because the exact same day is given for CA and NC partnership returns, but I can load those forms and start entering data.  There is a loud yellow banner across the top that says the forms aren't finalized and can't be e-filed, but I can at least access it and start entering data for those states, unlike the MA form.

0 Cheers