Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DID ANYONE FIND A SOLUTION TO ALABAMA FORMS NOT PRINTING?

clhunt
Level 3
AND AGAIN ALABAMA PROSERIES USERS ARE THE FORGOTTEN USERS.  BOTTOM OF THE LIST TO GET READY.
21 Comments 21
hankinstax
Level 5

You are so right!!!!  According to Proseries, an update tomorrow (2/3) is "anticipated" to fix the problem.  There is nothing wrong with your computer, installation, or updates.  The Problem is on their end, again.  Let us all join in prayer that they will forgive Alabama of it's sins and let us begin printing tomorrow.  I DO NOT plan to hold my breath on this.

sjrcpa
Level 15

This forum has loads of complaints about other states. You are not alone.

Ex-AllStar
clhunt
Level 3

I just spent quite a while on hold with Intuit and was told they do not expect the forms to be final until Feb. 17th.  Yes, the 17th.  I called ADOR and was transferred several times as I asked ADOR to please put pressure on Intuit.  The final response I was given is that ADOR is still making changes to the forms.  I asked her, do you realize this means we will mailing hundreds if not thousands of personal returns in.  She calmly replied,  "yes we know." 

sjrcpa
Level 15

I  wouldn't mail them. I'd wait and efile.

Ex-AllStar
cindylou75
Level 1

Please tell me you dreamed that conversation with ADOR!! I can efile the Alabama returns I just can't print them and give them to my clients!! The forms are final for efiling WHY CAN'T WE PRINT THEM!! This is a ProSeries Program problem that should have been fixed by now!! 

PATAX
Level 15

Brother Hank,  here is what I did to solve this mess up here in PA. It would not print the Pennsylvania return , and of course it won't efile it either,  because it said the local wage tax return was not final, even though the local wage tax return is mailed in and not efiled! So I deleted the local wage tax return which enables me now to print the Federal and the state, and eventually e-file it after client reviews and signs . I went into last year's software program and changed 2020 to 2021 on the wage tax return, made changes,  and was able to print it out and give it to the client for them to mail it in. Maybe this will help some of you folks down there in Alabama. I wish I was living in Alabama. If you know anybody that wants to swap  practices and homes let me know. Good Luck...

hankinstax
Level 5

Thanks brother.  The problem is with our basic forms.  It will not print anything.  Spent some time on your end (PA) when I was in the military and it's too cold for me.  Thanks anyway.

PATAX
Level 15

I may have to sell my practice and home so I can move down there. Becoming a joke up here now, with these morons who destroy everything they touch. They are the opposite of King Midas, whatever they touch turns to crap. Just my opinion.

hankinstax
Level 5

I don't think AL DOR would allow everybody but ProSeries to be in business.  Previous calls to the directors office confirmed the problem is with ProSeries.  This is not the first year this has happened.  It will be the last year it happens to me. 

clhunt
Level 3

I escalated the issue with ADOR- the revenue officer I spoke with seemed too nonchalant.  This is the official response:

" This is an Intuit issue.  They are approved for e-file but not for paper filing. So you should be able to e-file and print a copy fore your clients."

Intuit - the ball is in your court - Please get this resolved NOW 

clhunt
Level 3

Repeat from above:

I escalated the problem with ADOR.  The revenue officer I spoke with was too nonchalant.  This is the official response in writing:

"This is an Intuit issue. They are approved for e-file, but not for paper filing.  you should still be able to e-file and print a copy for your clients. "

Come on Intuit get this resolved !!! 

clhunt
Level 3

Our "big update" today did not fix anything.  The forms have a watermark that say e-file only. Last time I checked clients still need to review and SIGN the returns before we can e-file. And under Circular 230 they MUST be given a copy! 

This site used to be monitored by Intuit; are they now? Please provide us a work around to allow us to print and e-file.  Those to be mailed- we can wait. 

FarmerCPA
Level 3

Ditto for Maryland.  We are in the same boat.  Now various forms aren't final until 2/25.  Great news to wake up to.  Comptroller of MD says issue is with Intuit.  Can't wait to stare at the wall for three weeks then work around the clock through April because Intuit developers are incompetent. 

clhunt
Level 3

February 7, 2022  Website says Alabama forms are final and ready to e-file.

ADOR says they have written proof they have approved the forms for E-file.

The forms themselves have a "ready for E-file" watermark.

I update every single day several times - see a lot of Alabama updates but nothing changes. ProSeries - what is going on?  We are smart enough to not mail a form that says Do Not Mail.  Why are you holding your loyal professional customers hostage?  

PATAX
Level 15

The PA wage tax return has not changed since Moby was a minnow, yet it still is not ready. What a joke. Just my opinion.

clhunt
Level 3

Come on down - our weather is crazy though! 

0 Cheers
gammoncs
Level 3

So how can we get Intuit involved in this conversation?  If the issue is software related can't this be escalated to Intuit Product Support?  At least a work around to be able to print the forms that need a signature to keep our clients from being affected would be nice.

Danny

maxie
Level 3

Exactly! Just let us print what we need for the client. Keep the watermark. If we aren't smart enough to not mail something that has "do not mail" all over it then we aren't smart enough to be preparing taxes. LET US WORK!

I feel the need to have some of my money refunded. They are costing me money and time I don't have. 

I appreciate all of their hard work during the constantly changing times but this barcode issue with AL and paper forms aren't new. Fine if we cant do a paper return - JUST LET US PRINT A CLIENT COPY

0 Cheers
gammoncs
Level 3

Hallelujah!!  The AL state release that came out today released the printing and filing restrictions.

Thank everyone who raised the awareness with Intuit and thank you Intuit for listening and getting this issue resolved.

Danny

Greg Cook
Level 1

This may signal the end of a 33 year relationship with Lacerte. I cannot operate my firm with this issue on February 25th. We have 645 returns that we cannot print client "keep copies".

0 Cheers
gammoncs
Level 3

I am not sure about Lacerte but ProSeries Basic has been able to print and file AL state forms since the update that came out on 02/12.  I hope this helps some.

0 Cheers