Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation not carrying forward forward from 2021 on 1065 partnership return.

pipercherokee
Level 3

Has anyone else had an issue with all the depreciation from 2021 along with all the asset sheets not carrying forward to 2022 on 1065 Partnership returns?  I have deleted the client and re-transferred them and it still does not carry forward.  I really don't want to type all these in again.  It's a lot of assets.  Everything else is there and appears correct, but it's like there was no depreciation at all in 2021.  Am I missing something here?  I checked another partnership return and it appears okay for 2022 with the depreciation and asset sheets transferred from 2021.

Thank you in advance for any input.

Greg

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Norman2001
Level 7

No problem for me. 20+ properties transferred with correct depreciation

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

Did you import depreciation from Fixed Asset Manager for this client in 2021?

0 Cheers
pipercherokee
Level 3

Last year was my first year for this client.  I entered all their ongoing depreciation and new depreciation into proseries then.  Did not use FAM.  I ended up going back into 2021 and re-entering all of it once again and then it worked when I transferred to 2022.  Not sure I really know what was wrong, but it's fixed now.  Thank you.

Norman2001
Level 7

No. 

0 Cheers