Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deferred Employee SS tax

I have an individual who had her social security tax withholding a deferred in 2020.  Her return is showing it due now, however it is being recouped in 2021.  How do I signify to the return her withholding was deferred? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
rbynaker
Level 13

Where are you seeing SS tax due on the return (what line/form/schedule)?  Is there also a Schedule C (or F or P'ship, some other income subject to SE tax)?

I have some FedGov folks in the queue but haven't played around with this yet.  It *shouldn't* have any impact on the income tax return but I'm wondering if maybe it impacts the SE tax calculation?

There are a lot of dumb things that come out of Washington, this was one of the dumbest.  I'm hoping I can ignore it in most cases (supposedly a W-2c will be issued after the SS tax is caught up at the end of the year).  The only employer I've seen actually do this so far is FedGov.  <smh>

Rick

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive had a few of these, I dont see it being shown "as due" anywhere...where do you see it? on which form?  

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers

She does have a Schedule C as well, but on Schedule 2 line 4 it reported way more SE due than 15.3%.  I went in and messed around with the SE deferral and it is now showing the correct amount due on Sch 2... don’t ask me what I did.  Oy.  Hopefully you don’t run into this!