Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deferred COVID IRA distributions

pklcpa
Level 2

How do I get the second 1/3 of prior year Form 8915E deferral to come thru on the tax return as taxable income?  Not showing up automatically.

6 Comments 6
ljr
Level 8

Good morning, please do a search there are many many many many threads on this topic already. The form is not yet available in proseries. 

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

And to save you from asking...

• We do not know if the amount will automatically carryover once the form is ready.
  • The form you are waiting for is 8915-F and was finalized by the IRS just over a week ago.
  • No. You can not do a query for which clients you did the 3 years spread last year.
rcooley25
Level 11

You need to file form 8915f which looks like it wont be avaiilable untill March 31st

PATAX
Level 15

@ljr I agree with you but the search function on this forum is not the greatest in the world, IE it was not devised by Albert Einstein Junior. Just my opinion

Ephesians3-14
Level 8

Yes, you can do a query - see my previous post on this. I found a way determine who made the 3 yr election. Doesn't take must effort (1 min to set up the query). 

IRonMaN
Level 15

You might want to provide a link to that post.  The search function here sucks.  I mean it really, really, sucks.

Slava Ukraini!