Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DE Fiduciary Return (Form 400) for a Resident Trust

MikeB_CPA
Level 5

For the past few years I have been doing electronic filing for the DE Fiduciary Returns.  The returns are for Delaware Resident Trusts.  When I am doing the final review this year, I am getting an error message indicating that in order to electronically file, the return needs to be for a Resident Estate.  In other words, it implies that a Resident Trust cannot be efiled.  I cannot figure this out since ProSeries is showing the DE Fiduciary Returns ready for efiling, with no indication that only certain types of fiduciary returns are eligible for electronic filing.  Any help from the Community or ProSeries would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitMark304
Employee
Employee

The update for Delaware to resolve your issue should be available for download now.  After downloading the update, you should be able to to move forward again.  I apologize for the trouble this has caused you.  Thank you for taking the time to report this issue.  

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
IntuitMark304
Employee
Employee

Hi MikeB_CPA,

Thanks for your feedback.  The error message you are encountering does not appear to be correct.  We will take this information back to the development team for more review. A resolution should be provided in the next release of the Delaware product.  I apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you.   

Thanks!

0 Cheers
MikeB_CPA
Level 5

Thank you very much.  I can find nothing from Delaware that indicates that only certain types of the Form 400 fiduciary returns are eligible for electronic filing.  I successfully filed these returns electronically for 2021, so it would not make sense that they would have discontinued electronic filing as an option for 2022.

Thanks again.  I appreciate your attention to this.

Mike

IntuitMark304
Employee
Employee

The update for Delaware to resolve your issue should be available for download now.  After downloading the update, you should be able to to move forward again.  I apologize for the trouble this has caused you.  Thank you for taking the time to report this issue.  

MikeB_CPA
Level 5

I just checked, and everything is now good to go.  Outstanding and prompt service.  Many thanks!

Mike