Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CP-11 Letter for 2021 refundable child Tax credit error.

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

It's Starting....

I have a client who received a letter today (dated April 18, they sure get faster mail service than I do this year) .

Letter says Refundable child tax credit was wrong by $1,479.

Opened pro-Series and it does not show any change since filing, still shows the original amounts. (Which do all look correct to me.)

I do have the 6419 letters and they were entered correctly.

This client did stop the payments (Spouse after 1 payment, taxpayer after 2) perhaps the IRS messed that up. 

I am just wondering if anyone else has seen these notices starting up

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Ok. There was a minor error on the 8812 (transposition on inputting the advance amount received) of about $ 36. Client owed. The amount billed in the IRS notice was the Original amount of payment due (only due today) plus the error mount plus $ .49 interest. (Of course there shouldn't be any interest as nothing is late yet.)

Only took a couple of hour's to figure out what they were doing.  At least I had nothing else to do today. HA HA.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
child CARE credit or child TAX credit?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Oh Heck - typing too fast on Tax Day...Child Tax Credit  not child care credit.

I usually don't have to deal with screwed up IRS notices for another few months.

And of course what ever letter I put together will just go in a pile somewhere.....(I can't see spending that much time on hold to try to call)

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Im figuring those that opted out or even worse, mailed the payment back to IRS, are going to deal with some fall out.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Ok. There was a minor error on the 8812 (transposition on inputting the advance amount received) of about $ 36. Client owed. The amount billed in the IRS notice was the Original amount of payment due (only due today) plus the error mount plus $ .49 interest. (Of course there shouldn't be any interest as nothing is late yet.)

Only took a couple of hour's to figure out what they were doing.  At least I had nothing else to do today. HA HA.