Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corona-Related retirement distribution in 2021 software

Jtax LLC
Level 3

Does anyone know if there will be an update to automatically carry forward the Corona-related retirement distribution amounts to 2021?  If the client elected to have it spread over 3 years, will the software do that for you?  I don't see it yet on my 2021 software.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Should be another 8915 form that is generated if you had one the year before.....I havent transferred any clients into 2021 and wont until January, just so things like this have been implemented prior to transfer.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Should be another 8915 form that is generated if you had one the year before.....I havent transferred any clients into 2021 and wont until January, just so things like this have been implemented prior to transfer.

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I assume there will be carryover from 2020. I agree with Lisa in that I will not transfer any clients until beginning of 2nd week of Jan. I know some transfer only as their client comes in but I transfer all when I do. 

0 Cheers
Jtax LLC
Level 3

What do you think I'll need to do about the ones who filed prior to the 8915 being available in 2020?  I had to attach it to the return.  Do you think they will continue the 10% early withdrawal exemption in 2021?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You may have to pull up the 2021 form 8915 and fill it in yourself for those that you had attached the form.

As far as the early w/d penalty for 2021, who knows what might change by the time we're able to file, as of right now, the penalty applies.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

For the 2020 returns filed prior to the 8915 being available  - why not open the return now and complete the 8915 as submitted.   Then it will be there to carryforward to the 2021 return.