Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuation Statement

roniswindell
Level 3

Why is this happening:

A statement is printing at the very end of tax returns, entitled:

Additional information from your 2021 Federal Tax Return

Electronic Filing Information Worksheet

TB266                                                                                              Continuation Statement

And then there is a line, and it lists five or more states with boxes, unchecked.

These states have been used on other clients, but are totally unrelated to the client whose name and social security number is identified at the top.  This client does not need to file any state returns.

How do I get rid of this?  It has happened on 10 or more clients.  I usually just pull the form and shred it, but this is annoying.

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

Even though thru decades of tweaking the 'control which forms print" option... I still do a print preview of the return before I print and send to client for the 8879 sig.  Find mistakes sometimes (thankfully)..and that is one of the forms i just uncheck to not print.  probably saved a ream a paper this year..lol

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
roniswindell
Level 3

Except that this Continuation Statement is not on the list of forms to print.  I always check the forms to be printed.  It just mysteriously appears at the end of the tax return!?

0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

It's like page 2 of the additional information I believe. I just automatically go there and uncheck it.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
roniswindell
Level 3

Where is page two of additional information listed to be printed?  Where can you uncheck it?  Are you in Basic or Professional?

0 Cheers
sewcpa
Level 5

It seems to be called "Electronic Filing Information" worksheet

And I agree with you that I do not want it to print either.  And then there are a few pages 2 or 3 that I do want that are harder to force to print. of well. 

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

In Professional....  but i "Preview" every return before printing....and uncheck it at the preview level.   I live in Tennessee, so "my clientz stil wont that there paper copy" 

Only downside is that unchecking doesn't work on the print to .pdf option.

roniswindell
Level 3

Well, this does not solve the problem, which is why these pages mysteriously started appearing in the first place, a question for ProSeries programmers.  I do have to thank you, though, because although I have used ProSeries for many years, I never paid attention to that Print Preview button, and now that you have pointed it out and I have tried it, I think it will be useful in the future!