Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Come on clowns, wrap things up

PATAX
Level 15

efiled two returns at approximately same time to Taxsylvania. The one was finally approved. The other one, which was less complicated, still not approved. I wish the states would approve as fast as the IRS does (IRS approves in approximatey 10 to 15 minutes). At this time of year, we want to wrap things up, so we do not have to see that file until next year.

10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I EF everything for the day before I leave the office, theyre always accepted when I come in the next day, no clue how quickly or slowly they get accepted.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PATAX
Level 15

People are more productive in California in the winter time because it stays warm. It's frozen here, including "computer freeze" 😉

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

We've got some cold rain this week, may turn to a hail later tonight, I dont think it will turn into actual snow at least not where I am, too close to sea level.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

It was 50+ degrees here yesterday so you don't have to go all of the way out to the west coast to thaw out those computers. 

I also transmit returns in the evening and retrieve them first thing the next morning.  Minnesota doesn't process as quick as the IRS but they are normally ready for me in the morning.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

@PATAX 

Ummm... careful with that broad paint brush.... I'm in CA.  We've had almost 50 " of snow in the last 54 hours.  And it's currently 23 degrees, with the wind chill is abut 7 degrees.  Juno, fortunately, loves diving into the snow after her toys.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN I live in Possum Hollow. It is cold. Even the buzzards fly around wearing parkas.

PATAX
Level 15

@abctax55 Juno is the best.🐕

abctax55
Level 15

@PATAX 

She's mainly great.... except with this storm cycle the power is blipping; a LOT.  And that very brief nano-second of a power surge is something she picks up on and it freaks her out.   Our vet has told us, as dogs age, they can develop noise aversions.

This translates into her wanting to be a 65 pound lap dog; MY lap is the one she wants to be in - not John's 😉

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
PATAX
Level 15

@abctax55 that is amazing that you said that because the same exact thing happened to Heidi! She was never scared of thunderstorms before. But now with the thunderstorms or even high wind the power goes out and she gets scared. Now When the electric goes out  it really bothers her now. About a week ago there were a lot of thunderstorms in the morning, and she would not let me work as she was jumping on me! I don't know if she was scared or just trying to protect me, but you are definitely right the power surges and the electric going out bothers them.🐕🐕

IRonMaN
Level 15

Heidi knows that you get scared of the dark and figured she needed to help protect you.  😜

Slava Ukraini!