Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COLORADO STATE RETURN 1099-G FEDERAL WORKSHEET E-FILE ERROR

HOGANTAXES
Level 4

Does anyone know how to fix the worksheet on the federal for the Colorado State payee info? It wants the address, TIN etc. Will be calling for help support. I also can NOT get the box to check Proseries for that state e file option. i can over ride it.... nor do I want to. I'd like to e-file the federal, CO, NM, KS ALL at ONETIME! Colorado seems to be  a difficult one, wanting PDF files uploaded for the other states. which i totally understand why... it was that way before e-file!!!! i need help with the e-file box and the federal 1099-G worksheet errors!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light upon these states!! Next one i have is Hawaii. Hoping there is some credit or something for a non resident who was there for the Lahaina fire. He received wages, wasn't voluntary.

Thanks,

Hogan Tax Services

25 year expert!

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HOGANTAXES
Level 4

problem solved

tech support said to turn off error checking and send.

as far as the Colorado error, i attached the PDFs, the proseries box populated but i still had to choose one of the other options, mail form DR 1778 to the state of Colorado or upload it thru their website. since i'm use to old school paper ways, Ive decided to mail that one form to the state and i was able to e-file clients federal plus 3 states!!! i should charge more for CO. jk lol

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You have 2 choices. 

If the refund isnt going to be taxable, because they didnt itemize last year, go to the Carryover Worksheet and delete the refund amount for CO.

OR

Go here, grab the CO info and bookmark the website, it comes in handy.
https://www.atxcommunity.com/topic/14415-please-provide-your-states-ein-and-address-that-would-be-sh...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
HOGANTAXES
Level 4

THANK YOU!!!! 😆

I will give it a try, Im on hold for tech help.... they must be busy it said 25 min wait!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Hang up, you dont need support.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
HOGANTAXES
Level 4

problem solved

tech support said to turn off error checking and send.

as far as the Colorado error, i attached the PDFs, the proseries box populated but i still had to choose one of the other options, mail form DR 1778 to the state of Colorado or upload it thru their website. since i'm use to old school paper ways, Ive decided to mail that one form to the state and i was able to e-file clients federal plus 3 states!!! i should charge more for CO. jk lol

0 Cheers
HOGANTAXES
Level 4

i tried to delete it like you said but it wouldn't work... since i did the clients taxes last year if automatically populated that federal error. the Colorado error was such a weird situation! but fingers crossed all gets accepted!

Thanks for your response Lisa!!! i know you help out a lot on this forum. 

0 Cheers