Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cn I efile original return 1065 if someone else efiled extension? I got extension rejection code F7004-011-03

I needs to file extension for 1065 partnership   before 3/15/2024 . I got  extension rejection code F7004-011-03
"Message : Taxpayer EIN in the return header must not be the same as an EIN of a previously accepted electronic return for the return type and tax period and Type of Return Code indicated for the tax return type ".  Searching the code should be already efiled extension.  I double checked EIN, officer tax ID and name and address correct. I already mailed form 7004 for client. Can I file original return 1065 if someone else (former tax preparer or client efiled extension? I asked the client and they consisted "NO". I am trying to call IRS xxx.xxx.xxxx but it is nightmare to wait for 
Any advise or experience, please help. Thank you
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

Yes you can efile a 1065 if someone else already filed an extension.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
sjrcpa
Level 15

Yes you can efile a 1065 if someone else already filed an extension.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

The prior preparer was maybe being nice and prepared an extension out of curiosity since he or she hadn't heard from their "former client" yet.  

Slava Ukraini!

Thank you so much sjrcpa. Really saved my time to not call IRS 

Yes, I guessed so.

But I concern if it would prevent other preparer do the original tax.

Yesterday I tried to call IRS, but high volume call. Thus I asked community expert advice. 

I appreciate advice. Ironman