Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client worries

IRonMaN
Level 15

So I spent the afternoon and evening traveling to a Scout followup vet visit.  I come back to a message that an elderly couple is extremely worried because I made a mistake on their return.  They are going to be getting IRS notices because if they add up all of their interest 1099s (dollars and cents), they come up with a dollar more than what I reported on their tax return.  Should I save the IRS the trouble of the audit and just call the IRS tomorrow and report where the clients are hiding out so that they can slap the cuffs on them now?

As a side note, for those keeping score, Scout's eyes are healing up well with meds that he is on and is now scheduled for cataract surgery May 2nd. 👍

Slava Ukraini!
14 Comments 14
BobKamman
Level 15

I thought for a moment there that you were a Scoutmaster taking time away from his busy schedule to take an Eagle candidate to a veterans' home to work on his "Visiting Seasoned Citizens" badge. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

I am a Scout Master.  Although in realty, he is the master.  He kind of runs the show.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Is Scout still getting chicken to help the medicine go down ?

Thanks for the update, I like knowing he's improving.  

As someone has said... dogs are good people <w>

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

Actually we have moved past the chicken.  He was at the vet last week for blood work and I asked if they made a canned version of the food he needs.  They do and he likes it.  I’m mixing some of the canned with the dry and he has been eating well.

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

I'n glad Scout is doing well.

Were you able to calm those clients down? 😃

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Thanks.  I think they are calmed down now😊

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

Give that client a Golden Onion award for actually taking time to look at their return. 

dascpa
Level 11

Shin Tsu wrote a follow-up book to the "Art of War".  It's called the "Art of Rounding".

IRonMaN
Level 15

For some clients, I could be off by $3 million dollars and they would never notice.  So I do give them credit for looking at the return.  But we will have to get them a copy of that Art of Rounding book.

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

I think I smell and Iron Man Joke.

But incase I am wrong what you should do will depend on the dollar amount of the shortage.

If it is a major amount file an amended return.

If it is a small  amount wait untill the IRS Sends them the notice and then have them pay to bill.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Let's take a vote and see who else thinks a dollar is major.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"a copy of that Art of Rounding book."

I thought it is: Zen and the Art of Rounding Maintenance.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
BobKamman
Level 15

@IRonMaN I was at the gas station the other day and asked if they sell a canned version of Fireball.  Someone told me that as an additive to the gas tank, it improves mileage and cleans out the pistons.  They asked me if I wanted chicken flavor, or beef.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

They must have been out of pork.  I hear that is their most popular product.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers