Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client name, File Name and SSN columns are blank in EF Center HomeBase View

JSpero1162
Level 1

The last client listed in EF Center has blanks for Client Name, File Name and SSN columns.  This is happening only in EF Center, but for all tabs.  It only happens for the last client on the list.  The affected client changes whenever another return becomes the last on the list.  I have tried Home Base Maintenance, Refresh View and Reset Current View.  I have also tried running updates, closing the program and reopening as well as rebooting the computer.  Nothing works.  Early on during tax season, I could easily tell who the last client was.  Now it is becoming harder to tell without opening the client just to see who it is.

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I had that happening earlier in teh season when I didnt have a full screen of clients in the window, once I got he window filled up, the blank at the bottom line disappeared.

I know this doesnt fix your issue, but its not just you thats seen this.

If you keep your EFcenter arranged by Status Date (click on the header at the top of that column) it keeps the active returns up at the top of the list, and the ones you havent touched recently at the bottom.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
JSpero1162
Level 1

Thanks.  It's always good to know you're not alone.  For me it's also happening when the screen is full.  I did discover that by rearranging the Client Name column (descending instead of ascending), I can easily see who that last client is.  In that case, what was the first client is now the last, and their name, etc. is now blank.  While it's not stopping any work, it is annoying.

IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

@JSpero1162  Thank you for reporting this issue. I will get this information sent over to the team for investigation.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitAngela_13  I reported this in the Lounge last month when I had it happening, I think I even uploaded a screen shot of what it looks like.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

The team has researched the issue and the cause and a workaround is now known.

The issue can be corrected by going to the HomeBase menu and selecting Zoom In or Zoom out.

We have found that this issue is caused by the third-party technology used to display the client grid in HomeBase. As we are at a critical point in the tax season, we typically defer any type of updates to technologies of this type to prevent any further issues. The team is planning on correcting this issue for the next tax season, instead of relying on the workaround.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

0 Cheers