Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client is getting a refund & paid all estimated amts. calculated from 2017 return. Form 2210 has no place to enter estimated tax payments. Return rejects. What can I do?

lbpitts
Level 1

All estimated tax payments were made on time.  Form 2210 has no place to enter estimated tax payments. My client is getting almost $2,000.00 in refund. With or without Form 2210 the return rejects. Both taxpayers are retired, draw social security and interest and capital gain on a note. Each year their actual income decreases. I have tried to e-file with & without Form 2210 & rejected both ways. The reason given is Form 2210. Why is this return rejecting from the IRS?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Is the reject for the 85% waiver?   If so, just use Override and uncheck that Box A.  It will Efile just fine and not be rejected.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
Where did you input their ES payments?
0 Cheers
lbpitts
Level 1
There is no place on Form 2210 to input the ES payments. I did enter the payment on the Tax Payments Schedule though.  But 2210 specifically states not to enter the ES payments.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Is the reject for the 85% waiver?   If so, just use Override and uncheck that Box A.  It will Efile just fine and not be rejected.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers