Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

City of Detroit Electronic Filing

aknoblockcpa
Level 1

How do I know if the City of Detroit return will be efiled with the State of Michigan?  I believe I have everything prepared correctly and it appears that the City of Detroit return is final for the year but I cannot tell one way or the other.  No instruction print that say it will be efiled and the information isnt listed in the EF instructions in the state section of proseries for the Detroit return

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
rkohara01
Level 3

Several people have asked this question and there has been ZERO response from either the community or moderators.  Best to tell clients to mail it just in case.

Bob

bdb
Level 3

If MI state is efiled then Detroit will be efiled.

rkohara01
Level 3

Thanks.  I presumed that to be the case but needed to get confirmation.

0 Cheers
ESGLLC
Level 1

But will the tax due to Detroit be automatically withdraw along with the state? I did check the box on the information worksheet but no instructions are provided.

0 Cheers
bdb
Level 3

In the MI info sheet part VII there is the box for the city for direct deposit and withdrawal.

aknoblockcpa
Level 1

Even though there are no instructions.  I e-filed two clients with City of Detroit returns and I was able to check the status online and both were e-filed along with the State of Michigan returns.  It does take about 5 business days to show up in the City of Detroit system so wait a few days before you check.