Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choice 200 package

WinCPA1
Level 2

Has anyone else with the Choice 200 package had any issues with married filing separate returns being charged two and sometimes three units from their account?  I followed the instructions on how to split the return within the ProSeries questions module, but evidently that is not correct.  I was told when I purchased the package that married filing separate returns would only count as one return, but nope, that is not the case.  Now I have 26 "extra" units being charged to my account and I am now out of units and am supposed to Pay Per Return at $96.35 a pop for federal and state!!  I have been trying to get them to fix my account since Monday, but they will not credit my 26 units back to me or even put a credit on the pay per return for this many units.  They wanted to give me a measly $100 credit.  Now they have been reviewing for another day and a half the 12 units that were charged to may account 3 times, but only want to credit me 10 of those!!! I cannot talk to a supervisor and have spent several hours on the phone since Monday trying to get this resolved.  I mean it's only April 13th, I have plenty of time for this!  People tell me they will call me back, but don't.  A supervisor is to busy to call me, even though my case has already been escalated since Monday they will escalate it again.  So escalation means absolutely nothing!!  It is meant to appease, but I am over it.  It will cost me more money than my entire package did to have to buy 26 returns!!!! When I called to ask if I had done something wrong in splitting the return the only thing they could say was try splitting it while you are inside the joint return, which is opposite of the directions online.  Has anyone else had this issue?  This is my first year with this software and I will not recommend it to anyone.

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Were just other users here, nobody has access to your account info.

Logic suggests that MFS will be extra returns (2 fed and 2 state, instead of 1 each for MFJ), so it sounds like someone may have given you bad info originally.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I agree with Lisa, from how I've seen the software works, each file would be a separate count.

WinCPA1
Level 2

I know that you all would not have my account information.  I'm sorry for venting, but I have been trying to get this resolved for 3 days.  I understand how a MFS return could count as another unit, but it is very frustrating that I was told the opposite of that.  Even with that I am still getting charged a unit for a MFJ return, in addition to the 2 MFS returns, too because I printed out an invoice and folder cover sheet so it would have both persons names on it.  I expected more from the customer service team. 

Thanks for your input.

0 Cheers
GodFather
Level 8

I have the Choice 200 package.  How do you determine how many units you have left?

0 Cheers
WinCPA1
Level 2

You have to go to Tools and then Pay Per Return.  It pops up a box in the middle of the screen and you can select view or print audit report.  It shows the list of clients and how the units were deducted.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@WinCPA1 wrote:

I was told when I purchased the package that married filing separate returns would only count as one return, but nope, that is not the case. 

I cannot talk to a supervisor and have spent several hours on the phone since Monday trying to get this resolved.  I mean it's only April 13th, I have plenty of time for this!  People tell me they will call me back, but don't.  A supervisor is to busy to call me, even though my case has already been escalated since Monday they will escalate it again.  So escalation means absolutely nothing!!  It is meant to appease, but I am over it. 

It will cost me more money than my entire package did to have to buy 26 returns!!!!

This is my first year with this software and I will not recommend it to anyone.

This is problematic so close to the deadline, but email EVERY Intuit Executive about the situation (see link below, you can open each person and see their email address). 

You could just hit the "send and email" button on the top of that webpage and have their direct it to the proper person, but personally, I would email them all (or better yet, do both).

Be sure to include that if they do not correct things due to the sales person's misrepresentation of the software package, that you will go to EVERY website, chat, forum, Facebook page, etc. for tax professionals and tell all of the other tax professionals what a horrible experience you had with Intuit (and follow through with it).

https://www.intuit.com/company/executives/

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, @Just-Lisa-Now- is spot on. 
This is working as designed @WinCPA1

I hope you've had a great tax season, let us know if you have any other questions. 

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IntuitGabi wrote:

This is working as designed @WinCPA1

The software is working as designed, but the sales person gave totally wrong information, so this problem needs to be corrected.

0 Cheers