Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child Tax Credit Letters may be Incorrect

GodFather
Level 8

The 6419 letter may have incorrect information, especially if the taxpayer has moved or changed bank accounts.  Some should consider checking the amounts in the letter against the amounts on the new IRS revamped site (assuming you can access it).  

https://www.accountingtoday.com/news/irs-child-tax-credit-letters-may-have-wrong-information?positio...

3 Comments 3
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

That won't help me, I doubt I have any clients who already have an id.me account or who would be able to navigate the process to look at their information.

The IRS must have had about 75% of their available working staff involved in setting up this mess.

RUSS-KY-TAX
Level 2

i wish the IRS would have provided a tool like WHERE MY REFUND where you just need to provide SSN, plus something from last year return and show us the EIP PAYMENTS and child tax credit. Having to use the id.me to look up the info is not going to work for 1/2 of my clients.

slow start to the season but my first 2 or 3 customers couldn't remember receiving $1400 a year ago and after searching their bank records, they found it. but they swear they never go it.  

going to be a long season

PATAX
Level 15

I am completely shocked and bewildered, how can this be?...... Just asking and just my opinion...😉🐕

0 Cheers