Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charitable contributions from K-1

tammie
Level 3

On one 1040 client with a S-Corp K-1-- shows charitable contributions in Box 12 of the K-1,  Code A.   But an error is appearing on Schedule A for charitable contributions because Type C is showing up.  To change Type C is an override.  I should not have to override this.    Another 1040 client with a S-Corp K-1 and charitable contributions in box 12 of the K-1 is just fine on Schedule A.  I can't see any difference and have never seen a Type C does show on Schedule A.  Any suggestions or insight would be appreciated.

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

It’s a software glitch.  Delete the entry on the K1 worksheet and manually enter the amounts on schedule A

Slava Ukraini!
tammie
Level 3

Thank you for the advice.  I don't think outside the box very well.  But that worked just fine.

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
RTRTax
Level 2

I hope Intuit is paying attention to this thread. 

This is a big deal. 

Probably had 10 individual clients that passed review process then all of sudden they have this error on the K-1. 

We have never had this issue before. Thanks for bringing this up Tammie and Ironman. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, it isn't a big deal when you are working on a return.  However, it is a big pain when you are trying to transmit a return that was prepared earlier and you have to go back and massage the return back to its original condition.

Slava Ukraini!
RTRTax
Level 2

Exactly. Like I don't recall Intuit sending any notice that they were doing something different with the K-1 mid-Stream. 

Michelle7
Level 3

Definitely need a fix in the software ASAP.

0 Cheers
RTRTax
Level 2

Guys, sorry just now posting something on this, but I worked with Gabbi with Intuit who saw our post and addressed this issue. Thanks for everyone's input and work on this.