Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Preparer Code

CH_CPA
Level 1

One of my staff left the firm and he had prepared about 100 returns in 2018. Is there any way to make a mass change to the preparer code in ProSeries? Otherwise it is one-at-a-time file change.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You either have to assign his code to someone else or enter the new preparers code for each return.

If youre in CA, double check the CA info sheet, if memory serves the 3rd party designee name didnt automatically change even when I had changed the preparer code on the federal....this was years ago, maybe thats been fixed.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
CH_CPA
Level 1

I tried changing his preparer code information to me but his information still rolled over to 2019 Organizer

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Probably wont take until the return has been opened, so that wont help with batch printing organizers, sorry. 

The 2019 returns should all show your info though, without having to change the code on each return.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪