Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess is freezing up ProSeries 2023

chris3
Level 2

Proseries 2023 is running upon opening of the app,but is frozen; appears to be related CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess that can be seen running in Task Manager, but it won't go away.  Antivirus software appears to allow it run, but even after repairing 2023 ProSeries, it's still a problem....please assist

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

You say repair did you use the new ProSeries Tool Hub
https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-the-p...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
chris3
Level 2

thank you and yes, I did, but to no avail...the IT company I use indicated the Cefsharp.Browser is related to chromium embedded framework, which is related to the Google Chrome source code...it's, apparently, a tool proseries uses to do something with Windows.

I don't know if it's worth removing ProSeries 2023 and then reinstalling it...any advice is appreciated!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

The uninstall and reinstall option is worth a shot.  You might be back to square one after you are done trying, but in a worse case scenario, you will be able to scratch that idea off of your list.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15
chris3
Level 2

thank you!

IRonMaN
Level 15

Good luck!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers