Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash Balance Plan entry

cpatrina
Level 3

Hi all,

Hope you are off to a great start to tax season.  Thank you in advance for help on this.

Form 1065, Schedule K-1 has a Cash Balance plan for the partner entered on Schedule K-1, Line 13 code R. On Form 1040 input for the Schedule K, I have gone into the detail for Box 13 Code R and entered the Cash Balance retirement amount on Line 3a "Payments made to a Keogh" and on Line 3b I have selected "DB" for Defined Benefit.

I have also entered the amount on the Health LTC Worksheet, Line B.

Is there any entry I need to do for this Cash Balance plan contribution with respect to the QBI deduction?

I ask because I am trying to tie to BNA Income Tax Planner and either my ProSeries entries are incomplete or BNA entries are incomplete, because the QBI calculations from both do not match.  

As a test, I removed the Cash Balance plan contribution and ProSeries and BNA QBI calculation match.  So there is something missing from my Cash Balance plan contribution entries in either ProSeries or BNA.  I have also reached out to BNA and they are checking.

Thanks!!!

Trina

0 Cheers