Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open ProSeries - Sits and Spins

AgTax2
Level 2

I cannot open any of my ProSeries Tax products (current or prior years).  I enter my user name and password, and the sign in screen spins indefinitely.  I have tried clearing cache, updating drivers, cleaning computer trackers, turning off internet.  Nothing works.  Are there other suggestions?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AgTax2
Level 2

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions.  While they were not solutions, they allowed me to FIND the solutions, which had to do with my login credentials.  Once I changed both the login credentials and my password, everything worked.  I still don't know what the problem was, but the all the programs work!

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

I didn't see rebooting or a complete computer shut down in that list.  Have you tried that?

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Make sure you dont have a Windows update that is sitting waiting to install......if a computer reboot doesnt change anything, try using the ProSeries Tool Hub, its got some repair and fix options, it should be in your Windows Programs menu 

toolhub.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
AgTax2
Level 2

Yes, restart, updates, shut down, all tried  NONE of the ProSeries products will launch.

0 Cheers
AgTax2
Level 2

I do not have that (Pro Series Tool Hub)- was not found where you indicated, though I saw the Pro Series folder.

No pending updates - I already checked that.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Try to download it here

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/system-responses/proseries-tool-hub-helping...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
AgTax2
Level 2

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions.  While they were not solutions, they allowed me to FIND the solutions, which had to do with my login credentials.  Once I changed both the login credentials and my password, everything worked.  I still don't know what the problem was, but the all the programs work!

dkh
Level 15

Just a thought --  I had issues with not having enough RAM to handle opening two years of PS and QBs.   No problem last year - but it was this year.  My IT guy installed another 16GB.