Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you recover & restore a deleted tax return in ProSeries Professional?

cpa2help
Level 2

I accidently deleted a client tax return file from the Homebase and need to find and restore it if possible.  I looked in the Recycle Bin and the file is not there.  

Thanks for your assistance!

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Look in Windows Recycle Bin.    Thats where I find them when I delete them in HB.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
cpa2help
Level 2

don't see it in the recycle bin

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
weird, anytime I choose Delete in HB, I find the file in the recycle bin.

Do you have a cloud back up running at all? Carbonite has saved me a few times when I deleted a file in Windows and it wasnt in the recycle bin.

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

just like @Just-Lisa-Now- Carbonite has saved my butt many times.  Worth the annual fee...and they are always offering deals.  It's smart enough to ask me every year  if i want to save the new years files, just based on some trickery I cant figure out...

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Im kind of a packrat, I dont get rid of much, but I've been thankful that it had me covered on multiple occasions.

poolcleaner
Level 9

If you don't backup returns in the clouds, do you have a backup on another drive?

Another Former All Star

taxes96786
Level 9

there are several recover data programs available. Find one, download and install it. 

Have you tried searching for the file using the start box?

Whatever you do, don't run any programs that will clean computer until after you have recovered this file.

diany99
Level 1

How do transfer it after you recover it from the recycle bin? I recovered it but when i try to transfer it says i cant copy, remove or rename the file itself. 

Thanks in advance

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Top menu bar, Homebase > Homebase Maintenance (I think thats what its still called, I dont have the program open)

0 Cheers