Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you e-file a 2nd 1040-X??

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

I can't figure out a way to do that, so maybe not.  Can't get rid of the "already been filed and accepted" status.

And this will be good info in case i have to amend it a 3rd or 4th time also. 🤣🤣

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

I would guess not.  Looks like a person really needs to know when a return is really truly final.  Kinda reminds me of a saying my old boss used to have ------------ cut the board twice and it is still too short. 😉

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

I would guess not.  Looks like a person really needs to know when a return is really truly final.  Kinda reminds me of a saying my old boss used to have ------------ cut the board twice and it is still too short. 😉

Slava Ukraini!
IntuitCharlene

The IRS allows you to file up to three before they start auto-rejecting. You may be missing a checkbox:

1. Press F6 to bring up Open Forms.
  2. Type in EFW to highlight the EF Info Wks. 
  3. Scroll down to the Amended Returns section. 
  4. Check the box "Check this box to file another federal amended return electronically". 
  5. Save and try to e-file again.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

wish I could un-solution you!!  😂

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

Completely NEW information to me.  Thanks so much!!

IntuitCharlene

I'll make sure it gets added to our 1040-X article as well. Glad I could help!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"