Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't save new tax return files or even open some files that have been transferred/created already in 2022.

SnowmannKC
Level 1

This is on network and when saving new file/return it defaults to the C drive instead of M (network) drive. Now on files that will open changes made on one workstation are not being seen on other workstations.

When I go to the network drive M:\ProSeries\ProNet22\22Data from file explorer and try to open this it says that it is not accessible.  The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

I have not tried the Pro Series Tools Hub to repair/fix files yet but thinking this might be next step?

Thanks

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
IntuitJeff-H
Employee
Employee

Hi SnowmannKC,

The first thing we need to know is if you click on the M: Drive does it open or give an error message. If it gives an error then the drive would need to be mapped again. This process is not something ProSeries handles and you would need to reach out to local IT. 

I hope this helps

0 Cheers
SnowmannKC
Level 1

The M Drive opens fine and can open other files in it.  And when I browse to save a file I can go through M and put in another folder but it won't save to any folder but 22data.  

Our IT person looked at it and felt that 22Data folder was corrupt and said we were lucky to be able to open any tax return files.  Went ahead and downloaded the stand alone software on another work station. So any returns that we can't open or can't transfer from 2021 again we'll do on that computer.

Guess we have a work around though I wonder if we will be able to transfer any of the 2022 files saved on the network to the 2023 software next year.

0 Cheers