Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login offline

jamesdance
Level 2

Can't seem to log in to 2019 Proseries offline.  When I try, it crashes, and I get the error report "Proseries 2019 has stopped working".  I have no problem logging into 2019 when I'm online.  I also have no problem logging into 2018 Proseries both online and offline.  Any ideas?  Thanks.  James Maertin

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I "think" it may use a cookie of some kind for logging in offline...I know you need to have at least one successful Online log in with that same computer in order to log in offline....so Im guessing it uses a cookie or some other type of file that stores log in history.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
jamesdance
Level 2

Thanks very much for your reply, Lisa.  I have successfully logged into 2019 while online, a number of times.  I may just need to call technical support, if I can figure out where they've hidden the email or phone number.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
No support email address 😞

Have you tried dumping your cookies/temp internet files, etc? It may very well be some temp file thats generated within the program files itself...Ive never really gone digging.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Well, I just logged in offline and went and searched for which PS files are accessed/modified when that happens and it looks like it's the Olac.ini (I think Olac = online access   ini= information) file that holds the info, but I wouldnt advise editing or deleting that file without recommendation from support.

0 Cheers