Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can ProSeries 2020 users show automatically as tax preparer through individual sign on credentials? PS shows me as tax preparer for all returns despite separate users.

907taxes
Level 2
This year I am adding a tax preparer to my business, in addition to myself.  I have listed both as users.  However, when the new preparer signs on using her own credentials, new tax returns started by her show me as the preparer.  I know you can manually change the preparer code on the information worksheet, but this seems cumbersome, especially when she will be doing hundreds of tax returns.  It also seems like it could cause issues when a return prepared by someone else shows my name in the preparer signature block.  I don't want to be responsible for another preparer's work if it gets reviewed by IRS.  We are both Enrolled Agents.  Also, it seems to be a security compromise if any preparer can go into the system, file inaccurate returns and then utilize another preparer's code for filing.  Of course, I don't expect that to happen in my situation, but it seems a security flaw and risk in the ProSeries system.
0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Tools > Firm/Preparer Info and add your different preparers, each person will have their own preparer code so their info shows on the return.  You have to enter the right preparer code for that persons info to appear.

Or you each run your own copy of the software with your own clients and only 1 preparer in the list as the default preparer code.

But no, you cant assign the preparer just by the Intuit log in.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

And the preparer code is pretty easy. In my firm I am (and always will be) #1 😁, and my assistant is preparer code 2

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
Preparador
Level 1

This is an intended flaw by intuit, which can be easily fixed. I have to keep changing my preparer code so other preparers cannot figure it out. It is a shame Intuit make it difficult for firms to keep owners and taxpayers' personal information private.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Say what?😲

Slava Ukraini!