Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN I SUBMIT AN EFILED RETURN UP UNTIL MIDNIGHT OCTOBER 17 ? OR IS EFILING CUT OFF AT 9EST / 6PM PST ?

mgrovinski
Level 2
This is for a 1040 filing ? Can I e-file up until midnight on due date 10-17-22 tonight ?
0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
dkh
Level 15

I've efiled until midnight in EST  many years.  Never had an issue.

This article doesn't specify a time  Solved: October 17th Deadline Preparation for 1040 & 1120 filers - Intuit Accountants Community

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I wouldnt push it all the way to midnight, the gods of technology may strike you down!

EFiling will still be open until mid Nov, but if they have a balance due, you better get it in as soon as you can.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

Thank you for asking.  I was afraid nobody was going to ask the question today.  My faith has been restored.

Slava Ukraini!
MariaR
Level 3

I was just thinking about this right now... do we know the exact date/time in November that Intuit will be shutting down e-filing?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

No, the IRS hasn’t made that announcement yet

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
deb4
Level 3

I just spoke with Intuit technical support she knows nothing about efiling being extended until mid november. 

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

What in the world!!!  Intuit needs to do some major training with their support staff.

IRS efile is open until sometime in November.   You can efile 2019, 2020 and 2021 until then - promise.

dkh
Level 15

here is an IRS link..... look under the ANSWER  - yes efile is open until November

https://www.irs.gov/faqs/electronic-filing-e-file/due-dates-extension-dates-for-e-file/due-dates-ext...

IRonMaN
Level 15

"I just spoke with Intuit technical support she knows nothing about efiling being extended until mid november."

Technically, it's not extended.  The returns will be late, but they still can be e-filed until the IRS shuts the system down in November to retool for the upcoming filing system.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

Shutdown begins on Saturday, November 26, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time

(the IRS has spoken)

Slava Ukraini!