Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I import pdf tax returns to my ProSeries ?

Jiaai
Level 2

Hello,

I have some 2022 pdf tax return files from another company, they also use ProSeries. Can I import into my ProSeries2022, so I can just carry the information to 2023?

Thanks

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
dascpa
Level 11

The easiest answer to a question on this board in a while.  Nope.

Jiaai
Level 2

Thank you for your answer. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

I can provide a shorter answer to that:

No

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If theyre still in touch with the prior preparer they may be able to get the actual ProSeries tax file and you could transfer that, but not the PDF.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

If the prior preparer is a CPA, under some states ethic's rules, you may be able to request the prior accountant provide data on the client in "electronic format which is usable". At least in my state the prior accountant can charge for providing the files, but there are limit's, IE the charge needs to be reasonable to the time required.

Generally I have client's sign a form authorizing the prior accountant to provide me any thing I request. In this case I would request the proseries data files.

I do ask the prior accountant that if there are any charges, for an estimate of the charges and to please bill them direct to me. Most don't bother but a few do.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I would never ask for a client to have the prior preparer provide me with a copy of their data file and I would never provide that data file to another preparer.  I guess I am old fashioned --------- and a little paranoid 😁

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Could be the prior preparer is retiring or sick and willing to give their clients whatever they need to help with transition to another preparer, ya never know.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪