Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can assets be moved from one activity to another without having to re-enter all the data again

mletona
Level 2

If assets are accidently entered into the Wrong Activity, Wrong rental Property.  Is there a way to move them to the correct property without entering everything over again

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
dkh
Level 15

Yes, open the Asset Entry Worksheet for asset you want to move. Then select Forms>Change Activity   then select Sched E...follow prompts from there

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
dkh
Level 15

Yes, open the Asset Entry Worksheet for asset you want to move. Then select Forms>Change Activity   then select Sched E...follow prompts from there

mletona
Level 2

Perfect! When I called support they said its NOT possible and I would have to manually re-enter all 50 assets again.  THANK YOU!!!!

dkh
Level 15

You're welcome.   😁

Wow...you'd think support would know how to work the program. Glad you came to this forum for help instead of re-entering 50 assets....yuck! 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Silly you, are you sure you aren’t new here?  Why on earth would you think support knew how to work the program?😉

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

I forgot to use the sarcasm font when I suggested support should know how to use the program.