Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can an FBAR (Fincen Form 114) be filed by itself without an accompanying Form 1040?

joe64
Level 2

Hi,

I am new to ProSeries and I am still struggling to find my way around. 

I am outside the US and I need to file quite a few FBARs on behalf of clients who do not need to file Form 1040 because they do not reach income that exceeds the Standard Deduction.

I completed 3 FBARs normally on Homebase but did not complete Form 1040 - just the FBAR. In Section VI I checked the 'Electronic Filing of Form 114' box only and left all other efiling boxes unchecked.

None of the 3 FBARs are showing in the EF Center. It's as if they didn't exist. They should been listed there and labelled Ready to EF.

Can anyone please help me resolve this issue?

Thank you.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
joe64
Level 2

Thank you Lisa. I really appreciate your kind help 🙂

After quite a few attempts I managed to bring up the FBAR by itself for efiling. 

Now I cannot seem to be able to print it. Whenever I press Print and Print Preview, only the 1040 is coming up. Any suggestions on how I can print the FBAR by itself please?

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Yes, I just tried it on a dummy return and I only see the FBAR in he EFcenter, 

Click the Return Type Column Heading in the EFCenter and it will gather the returns up by type, no FBAR returns show up?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
joe64
Level 2

Thank you Lisa. I really appreciate your kind help 🙂

After quite a few attempts I managed to bring up the FBAR by itself for efiling. 

Now I cannot seem to be able to print it. Whenever I press Print and Print Preview, only the 1040 is coming up. Any suggestions on how I can print the FBAR by itself please?

0 Cheers