Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a client with employment authorization but not a resident, claim the EITC?

Hello,

I have a client with employment authorization I am wondering if he qualifies for EITC, if he claims his children since he's not a resident/citizen?

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
itonewbie
Level 15

Now, why is he not a resident if he's a GCH?  And why do you think only citizens would be eligible?  That's not what §32 says.

Also, is his child a qualifying child for EITC purposes?

You may like to bookmark this helpful IRS webpage for EITC: https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/individuals/earned-income-tax-credit-eitc

Edit: The OP has changed the key facts presented in her post.  The response here may not address the OP's question specifically but is still relevant to EITC in general.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

@LaraMultiservices You have modified both your subject heading and the details you provided.

That's not fair to those who help answer your question and other users who may come here when they have similar questions because the key considerations may have changed as in this case.

If you have any information to add or corrections to make, you can always post a new response.  And if you need to edit your original question, you could add a note "Edit:...." to the bottom of your original post to explain your changes so that people know what has changed and can take that into account.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

Thank you for your information, I realized I asked my question the wrong way, and made an edit. I will make a new post regarding it.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Keep it all in this thread.

Ex-AllStar