Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling TaxGuyBill - MN Form M1M

IRonMaN
Level 15

@TaxGuyBill 

Wednesday night I filed 2 returns that bounced on Minnesota with the following message:

M1M line 29 must not be more than 488 for single, HOH or MFS, and no more than 976 for MFJ

That would be great if they got one of those little checks that Uncle Tim mailed out, but they didn't receive that payment.  However, they had other items on the M1M.  I updated my software last night, put 0 on line 29 and e-filed them a second time and they cleared today.  Now I'm not sure if the software was fixed in between transmissions or if I need to put 0 on line 29 if there are other items on form M1M from now on.  Have you come across the "unexpected behavior" that I bumped into?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I haven't come across that yet, but I haven't e-filed in a couple of days (waiting on a million responses and 8879s).

The only hiccup I had with that is when I mis-typed the number (more than 487).

I was pleasantly surprised to see that entering it on the M1M automatically flowed to the M1PR.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"I was pleasantly surprised to see that entering it on the M1M automatically flowed to the M1PR."

Every once in a while Intuit surprises us😁

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

We get lots of surprises, but most of them aren't good.  😁

IRonMaN
Level 15

Well, counting the M1PR item you mentioned, I think they are now batting something like 2 for 376,897 ------- not exactly a hall of fame batting average.  

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

Ok, so now I have a client with a Medicaid waiver payment that the IRS tells me to back off it by way of line 8 on schedule 1.  They also received a frontline worker payment which the state says to put on line 8 of schedule 1.  Life is wonderful until you go to the Minnesota return and I have an error message telling me I can't subtract the payment on M1M since I don't have an amount on line 8 of the federal return ---------------- because I have a negative amount entered on that line because of the netting of the two items.  After I post this, I am stopping off at Walmart for a job application.  I hear stocking shelves pays pretty well these days 😭

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

Ok, so now I have a client with a Medicaid waiver payment that the IRS tells me to back off it by way of line 8 on schedule 1.  They also received a frontline worker payment which the state says to put on line 8 of schedule 1.  Life is wonderful until you go to the Minnesota return and I have an error message telling me I can't subtract the payment on M1M since I don't have an amount on line 8 of the federal return ---------------- because I have a negative amount entered on that line because of the netting of the two items.  After I post this, I am stopping off at Walmart for a job application.  I hear stocking shelves pays pretty well these days 😭

Interestingly, the one glitch that I had (I entered an amount too large) was also with the 2014-7, but I seem to have gotten past it.  But I haven't tried e-filing it yet (I don't have the 8829).

Walmart employees need to deal with random shooters, many 'Karens' and low pay.  It much sounds better than using ProSeries.  🤣

IRonMaN
Level 15

"many 'Karens' "

I have been around here long enough ----- I can handle any Karens that Walmart can throw at me.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

Ok, so now I have a client with a Medicaid waiver payment that the IRS tells me to back off it by way of line 8 on schedule 1. 

I shouldn't have updated my program.  Now I've got the same error on my Medicaid Waiver client.  Sigh.

Does Walmart still have any openings?

IRonMaN
Level 15

I’ll put a good word in for you with my new supervisor Karen😜

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers