Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

California State Tax Refunds

bchansen
Level 2

Form 1099-G requires a state ID Number and a payer's federal ID in order to electronically file the tax returns.  The form 1099-G only provides the payer's ID number.  Where can be found the other number?

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
taxes96786
Level 9

On their website

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

You may like to bookmark this very useful link: https://www.atxcommunity.com/topic/14415-please-provide-your-states-ein-and-address-that-would-be-sh...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You dont need 2 different numbers, just make sure the FEIN is entered at the top of the 1099G form as well as the very bottom.  Its 68-0204061

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
nytcpa2012
Level 4

some kind person pulled together that info from all 50 states.  I don't remember right now how to get it; someone in this community may have it?  

I'll look some more but someone else may know readily.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

its posted above

bchansen
Level 2

I did what you said.  Put in both numbers 68-0204061 but I still get an error message in ProSeries that says both numbers must match.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I process 800 CA returns a year and haven't had any problems like this....can you Delete the form (it should regenerate automatically) and start over?

How about remove the TIN completely from both top and bottom?

FWIW, if this is a non-taxable refund (because they didnt itemize in 2021) you can go to the Carryover Worksheet and just delete the refund amount and the form will stop bugging you.

bchansen
Level 2

Thank you for your help.  I didn't have the ID number indicated at the top of the form (it was blank).  When I put that number in, 68-0204061. it worked.  However, you were right about the client having no tax benefit from the refund in the previous year so I deleted it on the Carryover Worksheet.

abctax55
Level 15

@taxes96786 

Yep... that info is readily available at the website /S.

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/about-ftb/newsroom/tax-news/march-2022/mailing-of-forms-1099-g-and-1099-int.h...

Want to go to that link & show me what I'm missing.  Thanks.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"