Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculator Quick Keys / Shortcuts

Tax Man Tan
Level 4

Does anyone know if they have added back a quick command to paste from the calculator to the line you are on in the return? I used to use CTRL A to bring the calculator up, then after using it i could just hit "P," and it would paste or put the final number on the calculator into the line I am working in on the return..... I use my mouse as little as possible, and quick commands save me soooo much time, but I can't find one for this. 

4 Comments 4
taxshack
Level 5

I haven't found any quick command.  The only work around I know of is hitting Tab, using arrow keys to highlight Paste and then hitting Space.  But that for me is still quicker than using a mouse.

Preparing taxes is not my life, but my life is amazing because I prepare taxes.
Tax Man Tan
Level 4

I'll have to try that. Prior to 2021 the calculator was great! Then the wonderful engineers had to tinker with everything and screw it all up! 😞 

0 Cheers
ArizonaAmigo
Level 1

The calculator in Lacerte is very cool.  On an entry field, press the + key (on number pad or keyboard) and do the calculation that you want.  Then hold <Shift>F6 and voila' - it's in your entry field.

Tax Man Tan
Level 4

That's awesome! You'd think they would do that for pro series to, but nope....Help it make sense! LOL 

0 Cheers