Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ca vpdi is in box 19 and pro-series is saying should i transfer it to box 14 or should i follow where it is placed in w-2?

rooj28
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Technically, it can be reported either in Box 14 or 19.  Question is whether PS knows how the manage the following if you leave that in Box 19:

1. VPDI is not deductible and should not flow to Sch A; and
  2. Whether the amount will flow to CA 540 correctly If the taxpayer is eligible to claim a credit for excess VPDI.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
itonewbie
Level 15

Technically, it can be reported either in Box 14 or 19.  Question is whether PS knows how the manage the following if you leave that in Box 19:

1. VPDI is not deductible and should not flow to Sch A; and
  2. Whether the amount will flow to CA 540 correctly If the taxpayer is eligible to claim a credit for excess VPDI.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
FWIW I always put it in Box 14, it identifies it automatically as VPDI and doesn't send to Sch A

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
rossanajoaquin
Level 1
Thank you for all your comments. Now I know it is okay to move it to box 14 even if it is in box 19.
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
NP, @rossanajoaquin!
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers