Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Return not printing because its not final?

I've updated the software and the updates say it is supposed to be final... just a simple return with W2 and no children. Anyone else seeing this

28 Comments 28
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Looks like its the Form CA that's still showing as not final, but it should be already.   

I already ran REPAIR UPDATES and Im still seeing the Not Final watermark, so Im not sure whats going on.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
kzollo
Level 2

I am finding a lot of Forms saying they are not able to efile and I did the update for Proseries and I check my PTIN as well. The forms so far I can't seem to file are forms 540, 540 Schedule A, 1040 Schedule A, Form 8962, and Form 8867 to name a few. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Those federal forms you mentioned all appear final in my software, I think you need to run REPAIR UPDATES from the Windows Programs menu.  This is a screen shot for 2022, but all the years have the same option.

repairupdates2022.png

kzollo
Level 2

I am going to try the repair now. Thanks for the suggestion because I forgot about that option.

0 Cheers
GLR
Level 1

I'm having the same issues. I spoke to a rep who walked me through the updates, repair updates, etc. We uninstalled and reinstalled the software and I'm still having the same issues. She couldn't do anything else for me and said she had to report it and that someone would get back to me in 24-48 hours. 

Don't hold your breath waiting for that reply.

Twelve California returns filed and accepted today. But the forms aren't final? Sounds fishy to me. Come on Intuit. Fix this.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I went through all the fixes too, still has the do not file watermark...I guess we just have to wait.

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

@twainhartetaxman     I'm in NJ and  NJ forms won't be finalized til Wed... or so they say.... but according to the doc they're efile ready now.... I'm just not brave enough to try.... would rather wait a month or two.    

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers
shercri
Level 2

Having same problem with California Returns. It does not print on PROSERIES BASIC

Ran REPAIR UPDATES and didn't fix the problem.

Just waiting for a solution.

0 Cheers
jhbvtacpa
Level 5

Same problem here. 20+ returns filed and accepted, but unable to print/download the 540's.

I think I'll wait, rather than troubleshoot and/or try to fix!

0 Cheers

Right. As long as they're accepted we're good. They'll print when they print. No big hurry on that. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

But how are you folks providing your clients a copy of the return before you transmit if you can’t print?

Slava Ukraini!

Digital copy via e-signature. They review and sign then I file it. 

0 Cheers
MobileTaxGuy
Level 3

I am also having this problem. The CA return won't print at all, ProSeries says it is not final but none of the forms are flagged as being not final or not EF ready. In fact, the CA return can be e-filed fine, I just can't print a copy.

It seems that Schedule CA is the problem. Here is a workaround:

1) Print the CA return without Schedule CA. At least the rest of the return will print. If Schedule CA is checked, the return won't print at all.

2) Go into the CA return, go to the Schedule CA tab, right-click and click "Print Form"

This will print Schedule CA, but with annoying watermarks. I print them to Adobe PDF and then go in with Acrobat Pro and remove the watermarks manually.

Hope this gets fixed soon!

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

Fixed to CA Schedule CA is in the works for the next release. Thanks for the reports. 

0 Cheers
Davelias
Level 3

Repair Updates did not solve the issue.  Still showing as Forms Not Final.

0 Cheers
jhbvtacpa
Level 5

Ran updates this morning. Still not "Final"

When can we expect this to be done (as in day and time)?

0 Cheers

Got an alert this morning addressing this issue. 

0 Cheers
Davelias
Level 3

For those CA returns that do not require Schedule CA, I am able to print the returns. 

0 Cheers
Hugosky2
Level 3

I just completed two simple returns two on  1/29/2024 and two today 01/30/2024 and both 

are not printing just the Federal 

error said forms are not finalized  by pro series 

updated all and still unable to print California return.

helps please ....

0 Cheers
Hugosky2
Level 3

very sad

0 Cheers
Davelias
Level 3

When printing the CA Return, just uncheck the box for Schedule CA in the forms to print.

Are you using the Basic or Professional version?

0 Cheers
Hugosky2
Level 3

using Pro Series Basic 

0 Cheers
Hugosky2
Level 3

yes  it does print, however the California adjustment form is still needed in order to file electronically

0 Cheers
Hugosky2
Level 3

When printing the CA Return, just uncheck the box for Schedule CA in the forms to print.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Hugosky2 wrote:

yes  it does print, however the California adjustment form is still needed in order to file electronically

It seems like its sticking it into every return, even if they have no adjustments on the Form CA, which doesnt seem right to me...has that always been how it works?  I might have to go back and look at a simple return from 2022 and see if that CA is included.

0 Cheers
Davelias
Level 3

Just successfully e-filed 3 CA Basic returns. Filing not an issue for me, just printing.

0 Cheers

Just got an alert that the California printing issue has been resolved. Go to your updates and update your program and it should work.