Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Privilege Tax

Rebecca4
Level 2

Will the business Privilege tax be available to file Onlin

0 Cheers
14 Comments 14
sjrcpa
Level 15

Which state?

And which modules?

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

2021 or 2018? 😉

Slava Ukraini!
Rebecca4
Level 2

we are using proseries professional and Alabama

0 Cheers
Rebecca4
Level 2

2021 We would love to be able to efile them if we could 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
PATAX
Level 15

Or which locality...

JRC
Level 8

YES. We filed a 2020 electronically. But was confusing to file with Proseries.

Rebecca4
Level 2

Can you please tell me how?

0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

It is available with the Alabama Business 1065 Partnership tax program (Proseries) which is how I filed for a Partnership return. I see it isn't included with the Alabama Individual tax series.

Not sure if you can file the Alabama individual with the 1065 tax program?

Rebecca4
Level 2

We prepared the taxreturns but it always prints them out and tells us to mail them. WE are trying to not have to mail them. We would like to file them with the return.

JRC
Level 8

In the Federal (only) Information worksheet you need to check the boxes of states and federal returns you want to Efile. Near the bottom of the screen it will list the federal and all states available for efile.

If you are not checking the boxes the return will not be set for efiling.

Rebecca4
Level 2

it doesnt show that filing the business privilege tax as a option in 2020

JRC
Level 8

OOPS.. After my review it does look like it is not available for Efile. You have to print the PPT and mail it in.  It must be a requirement for Alabama Dept of Revenue and not a program issue.

Sorry

PATAX
Level 15

Rebecca, just go ahead and have clients mail it like most tax preparers do.... In fact I would venture to say almost 100% of tax preparers have their clients mail this type of return that they prepare for a client, if they prepare it... Many times the client will prepare it themselves... But in almost all cases everyone mails it in,  so you are not alone.... just my opinion...