Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biz Exp Not Transferring

dascpa
Level 11

Been meaning to ask this question for about 20 years (guess not too pressing...).  Out of my zillion 1120/S/1065 returns a few every year do not transfer over my business expense category names (auto expense, office supplies, etc.)  Most do, some don't.  And no, I don't use the Other Deductions Worksheet - why - I prefer my own category names and also to have everything in Cap letters.  Any idea why a few don't transfer year-to-year?

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I only have a few 1065s but I do remember seeing this before....I started using the Other Deductions Worksheet for the majority of stuff now.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

If you use the Other Deductions Worksheet, and add your very own special names at the bottom of the Other Deductions Worksheet in those blank lines, they WILL carryover to the next year, Every time!

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
IRonMaN
Level 15

I use the other deductions worksheet and add a few of my own but I don't recall having any transfer issues.  Maybe it's just Intuit toying with you.

Slava Ukraini!
Accountant-Man
Level 13

If you don't use the worksheet, what do you do, use the lines on Page 1?

If yes, that's why they don't transfer.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
dascpa
Level 11

Thanks for your reply but I will disagree.  Yes, I use page 1.  And over the years thousands, or millions (not sure) have transferred normally and around 10 have not.  I Cannot find any logic in when it does and when it doesn't.

0 Cheers