Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Updates

DavidC
Level 2

Is there a way to turn these off and just do updates manually?

Because it is really annoying.  Especially with 2 factor authorization.

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
rumor has it they're planning on giving us back control of the updates, but so far, not an option.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
mm1
Level 5

This is a real problem. Today we get this box popping up on all preparer computers to allow updater to run in the background. So we clicked on "No". Each person updated their software through the Refresh updates because just going to update installed programs does nothing - always says there are no updates - but I found if you got to the refresh updates there are updates to do. All the computers updated. Then as soon as each one was completed, up pops that dang box again asking permission to update in the background. Multiple times of clicking no and it keeps on popping up. You get nothing done on the tax returns for the interruptions. Finally I had to call a halt and say click yes so we could go forward. Well, now there is no option to OPT out of the background updates. What a crock of you know what! Intuit said they were going to give us back control today 2-9-22. This is NOT GIVING US BACK CONTROL of updating! It is infuriating! First it locked up all the computers every morning by using the entire memory of the computer since we have other task scheduled updates all during the night. Now we get this background updating that we cannot control. I am pissed at Intuit right now!!!!

0 Cheers