Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there What if Worksheets in the Maryland Product??

Jutu
Level 2

Are there "What If Worksheets in the Maryland Product for 2021..

Reference Form 502 Maryland Income Return

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
dascpa
Level 11

Nope.  I also do not use the Federal projection worksheets.  I save the existing client file as a new file putting PROJ in front of the name.  I then change the Client Status on the last line (Other) to PROJ and finally I uncheck the e-file boxes on the Federal Info Worksheet (so I don't get the duplicate SSN message in the e-file center).  I use this 2nd client file as my tax projection file.  It has all the data from last year, and I only change the items needed (like from this year's client paystubs, or changed Sch C, etc.).  If I'm aware of any law changes (like change in Std Deduction, or whatever I can force that onto the return.  Then the state return will recalculate based on the Federal projection and voila - I have a projection file I can update at any time.

0 Cheers
ljr
Level 8

I've tried the federal worksheets and do not find them useful or user friendly. maybe that is just me. I do the same thing - save another copy and add plan to the file name. client status other: plan only and uncheck efile boxes (if you don't then they stay in the efile pending tab)

0 Cheers